All About PSPCL ALM Recruitment 2023 Syllabus, & Exam Pattern
Are you seeking the Assistant Lineman Syllabus for PSPCL 2023? Don’t worry, we have covered everything here in this article that will be beneficial to you. We got you the complete syllabus for PSPCL ALM Recruitment 2023 and Exam Pattern from Punjab State Power Corporation Limited’s authorised website.
PSPCL Syllabus for the post of Assistant Lineman
The Punjab State Power Corporation Limited officials have provided the Syllabus for PSPCL ALM 2023 along with the notification. To apply for any govt exam, candidates must be familiar with the syllabus and exam pattern of that particular job post.
For your convenience, we provided you with the complete syllabus topics-wise. Go to the sections below to know the complete PSPCL ALM Syllabus 2023. Click on the links given on the authorised website for the latest PSPCL ALM Syllabus 2023 to download it to your portable device, which will be ready for use whenever you want.
With the help of the PSPCL ALM Syllabus 2023, you will thoroughly understand all subjects and essential topics and perform well in the exam. So, candidates should read this article for complete information about PSPCL ALM Syllabus 2023 and bookmark this website for future reference.
Detailed Syllabus for PSPCL ALM Recruitment 2023
PSPCL ALM syllabus 2023 includes arithmetic ability, general knowledge, English, general awareness, Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude just like any other govt competitive examination.
Syllabus for Technical Part
- Occupational Safety and Health: Basic Injury Prevention, Personal Protection, Basic First Aid, Danger Signs, Warning, Caution, Personal Safety Messages Fire extinguishers, and Hazard Identification and Avoidance.
- Ohm’s Law- Basic numerical problems and electrical circuits.
- Electricity concept. Definition of basic terms, Insulator types and voltage grades, effects of electric current Resistor Classification.
- Alternator Current: The difference between Direct Current (DC), and Alternator Current (AC), as well as line and phase voltage, power in three-phase circuits with unbalanced and balanced loads.
- Voltmeter, Ammeter, Energy Meter, and Ohm-meter basic knowledge
- Transformers: Different Types of Transformers
- Overhead distribution and transmission in Voltage (Medium Voltage, Low Voltage, & High Voltage).
- Substation Hardware: Clear understanding of switchgear such as Vacuum Circuit Breakers (VCBs), Circuit Breakers (CBs), Oil Circuit Breakers (OCBs), and so on.
- Types of Underground cable
General Knowledge Syllabus for Punjab Assistant Lineman
- History & Geography, Its Physical Feature.
- Current Affairs
- Demography of India, Climate, It’s Social & Economic Development.
- Economic Planning.
- Important Events, Leaders of India & Punjab, and Movements.
- Literature, Economic Affairs, and Culture,
English Language Syllabus for PSPCL ALM Post
Basic Grammar, Adjective & Adverbs, Subject & Verbs, Antonyms, Synonyms, fill in the Blank, One Word Substitution, Comparison of Adjectives, Problems concerning words, Prepositions, Articles, Direct & Indirect Speech, Sentences Correction, Active & Passive Voice, Reading Comprehension and Spell Check, Singular, Gender, Plural, Idioms, and their Meanings, etc.
Reasoning Ability Syllabus for PSPCL ALM
Blood Relations, Directions, Figural Pattern, Non-Verbal Series, Coding-Decoding, Number, Ranking & Time Sequence, Classification, Clocks & Calendars, Number Series, Semantic classification, Number Ranking, Logical Sequence of Words, Logical Venn Diagrams, Figural Classification, Problem-solving, Analogies, Arrangements, Alphabet Series.
Numerical Aptitude Syllabus for PSPCL ALM
Statistical Charts, Fundamental Arithmetical operations, Time & Work, Simple & Compound, HCF & LCM Interest, Simplification, Bar Graph, Mathematical Operations, Number Systems, Data Interpretation, Averages, Percentages, Menstruation, Investment, Pictorial Graph, Time & Speed, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pie Chart, Profit & Loss, and Algebra.
Basic Punjabi Grammar up to 10th Class.
Detailed Exam Pattern for PSPCL ALM Recruitment 2023
- All questions will be in either Punjabi or English.
- There will be multiple choice questions.
- There will be 100 questions on the exam paper.
- The written exam lasts 120 minutes in total.
- Each question carries 1 mark, so the total number of marks is 100.
- A 0.25 mark will be deducted for any wrong answer.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the general category are 30% and 25% for the reserved category.
- For selection, there will be only one written test (single phase).
|Topic||No. of Questions|
Result Notification for PSPCL ALM Recruitment 2023
After the completion of each applicant’s evaluation, the organisation prepares a merit list and releases it on the official website of the PSPCL. The merit list will be prepared based on rounds cleared by the candidates. You can follow the steps given below to download the PSPCL ALM Result 2023 whenever it is released by Punjab State Power Corporation Limited.
- Go to the PSPCL authorised website and navigate to the PSPCL ALM recruitment notification section.
- Go to the PSPCL ALM Results in 2023 page. Save the merit list OR result by clicking the Save button.
How Should You Study for the PSPCL ALM Recruitment 2023?
Applicants who want to crack the PSPCL ALM Exam 2023 can find the best preparation tips here.
- To become familiar with important topics, applicants must have proper knowledge of the Syllabus and Exam Pattern of the PSPCL ALM Exam 2023.
- After reviewing the exam pattern & syllabus, applicants must try the Mock tests to enhance their speed and efficiency.
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge are the important topics of the examination that all applicants must master to achieve the highest possible score. To get daily updates on current events, read the newspaper daily.
Frequently Asked Questions for PSPCL ALM Syllabus & Exam Pattern
When will the PSPCL release the admit card for the post of PSPCL AML 2023?
The candidate will get a PSPCL ALM Admit Card notification 10-15 days before the actual date of the written examination.
What books should I consider for the GK part of the PSPCL ALM Exam 2023?
Applicants can consult books such as R. S. Agarwal’s Lucent’s GK: A Modern Approach to Nonverbal & Verbal Reasoning.
How many times can a candidate apply for the PSPCL ALM Exam?
There is no such limit to applying for the PSPCL ALM exam.
Is there any negative marking in PSPCL ALM Exam 2023?
Yes, 0.25 points will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
What are the main subjects covered in PSPCL ALM Exam 2023?
Three are a total of 5 sections consisting of Punjabi Grammar, Reasoning, Technical Knowledge, Arithmetic, and General Knowledge.
Subscribe to our website to get more updates regarding government jobs in India 2023 and other related information. We are pleased to assist you in finding your dream job.