Comprehensive Syllabus & Exam Pattern for Group D RRB Recruitment 2023
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) has published the Group D RRB Syllabus 2023 CBT level 1, which applicants must go through to start preparing to get selected for the railway department. For your assistance in exam preparation, we have listed the Railway Group D latest exam pattern & syllabus. For information on how to prepare for the Group D Exam, review this page thoroughly. For practice, you can also get previous years’ question papers of the Group D RRB Exam.
Railway Group D Syllabus for CBT Level 1 2023
The Group D RRB Syllabus Subject-Wise PDF is always made available by the examination authority. Access to the Group D RRB Exam Pattern 2023 is available to applicants who have submitted their forms for the year 2023. Group D RRB Recruitment 2023 will reportedly be released soon. Official updates are released by the Railway Recruitment Board. So, keep studying for the exam.
Applicants looking for Group D RRB Syllabus & Exam Pattern are those who have applied for this exam for the year 2023. Exam subject material that may be required for preparation is included in the syllabus. Therefore, for the benefit of applicants, we are sharing the Railway Recruitment Board Group D Syllabus 2023 PDF. Group D RRB Exam practice test papers are also available.
Exam Summary for RRB Group D Recruitment
The following stages of the examination will be part of the Group D RRB Recruitment Process: (CBT- 1) Computer Based Test, (PET) Physical Efficiency Test, Document Validation, and Medical Examination. In the section below, you can find more information about the Group D RRB Syllabus.
Highlights of Group D RRB Syllabus
|Name of the Agency||Railway Recruitment Board|
|Examination’s Name||RRB Group D Exam|
|Category||Railway Job (Govt Job)|
|Subjects||Current Affairs/ GA/ Reasoning, General Science, Mathematics|
|Mode of Examination||(CBT) Computer-based test|
|Date of exam||Not yet declared for 2023|
|Time||1 hour 30 minutes or 90 minutes|
|Marking System||1 point for each right question|
|Negative Scoring||⅓rd. mark|
|Selection Criteria||Computer-Based Test (CBT-1)
(PET) Physical Efficiency Test
Documentation and Medical examination
Importance of Group D RRB Syllabus
- Knowing the Group D RRB Syllabus beforehand will enable you to plan strategically, which is essential for the success of your exam.
- The most common mistake applicants make is failing to understand the entirety of the RRB Group D syllabus and wasting time studying subjects that might not apply to the examinations.
- This post will provide you with the whole, in-depth syllabus for the Group D RRB Exam, which will help you solve that issue. Before beginning their exam preparation, all candidates must read the Group D RRB Syllabus given in this post.
Latest RRB Group D Syllabus
There are 4 subjects in the Group D RRB Level 1 Syllabus:
- General Reasoning & Intelligence
- General knowledge and current events
- Basic Science
The subjects covered in each subject for the relevant exam are listed below.
Group D RRB Syllabus for Mathematics
- Number System
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Distance
- Geometry & Trigonometry
- Profit & Loss
- Square Root
- Calendar & Clock
- SI- CI
- Time & Work
- Age Calculations
- Elementary Statistics
- Pipes & Cisterns
Group D RRB Syllabus for General Science Syllabus
Plant Kingdom, Plant Tissue, Plant Hormones,
Photo-synthesis, Plant Diseases
Animal Tissue, Animal Kingdom, Organ & Organ
The system, Human Blood,
Group D RRB Syllabus for Current Affairs
- Science & Technology
- Books & Authors
- Sports & General
- International Affairs
- Current Governors & Ministers
- Current Events
- Financial System of India
- Currencies & Capitals
- Abbreviations and Economic Terminologies
- Government Plans & Schemes
- Conferences & Summits, etc
Group D RRB Syllabus for General Awareness
- Current affairs in Sports, Science & Technology,
- any other subject of importance.
Group D RRB Syllabus for GI (General Intelligence)
|Verbal Reasoning Topics||Non-Verbal Reasoning Topics|
Exam Pattern for Group D RRB Recruitment Exam 2023
Knowing the Exam pattern and comprehensive syllabus for the Group D RRB exam is essential if you want to ace the Group D RRB Exam. You can use this to effectively prepare for the Group D RRB Level-1 Exam. The syllabus & Exam Pattern for the Group D RRB exam has been updated.
Two stages make up the Group D RRB Exam pattern: the (CBT) computer-based test and the (PET) physical efficiency test. Based on merit, the aspirants who pass the CBT and PET exams are invited to the document validation round.
- For each incorrect answer, one-third of the possible points will be deducted from the final score.
- Each aspirant will get 1 point for each correct answer.
- There will be multiple-choice, objective questions.
- Minimum score required to qualify in several categories
Exam Pattern for Group D RRB Exam
Aspirants will be required to participate in the PET/Document Verification based on how well they performed in the (CBT) Computer Based Test. The total questions and time of the CBT exam are listed below:
|Exam Pattern for Group D RRB CBT Level-1|
|Order No.||Subjects||Total Questions||Total Scores||Time|
|1.||General Intelligence and reasoning||30||30||1 hour 30 minutes OR
|2.||Current affairs & General Awareness||20||20|
Important Points to Consider:
- The exam will last 2 hours for qualified PwBD applicants who are accompanied by a scribe.
- The section-by-section distribution shown in the aforementioned table is merely illustrative, and the real question paper may differ slightly. For each incorrect answer, one-third of the possible scores will be deducted from the final score.
- The minimum percentage is required to qualify in each category: EWS 40%, UR 40%, ST 30%, OBC (Non-Cream Layer) 30%, & SC 30%. In case there are not enough PwBD applicants to fill all open positions, this eligibility percentage may be lowered by 2% for applicants belonging to the PwBD category.
Best books for Group D RRB Exam Preparation
The finest books for Group D RRB preparation are listed below. These books must be used by aspirants as they get ready for the next RRB Group D examination.
|Book’s Name||Writer’s Name||Publisher’s Name|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge (Science Part)||–||Lucent Publication|
|A Modern Approach to Non-Verbal & Verbal Reasoning||By R.S Aggarwal||S.Chand|
|Practice Book on Quicker Maths, 2nd Edition||K.Kundan, M.Tyra||Magical Book Series|
|Pratiyogita Darpan||–||Upkar Publication|
How to Get the Group D RRB Admission Ticket?
The aspirants must get their RRB hall ticket for Group D RRB Recruitment. Candidate needs the following before they can get their Group D RRB Admit Card 2023:
- Birth Date/Passcode
- Registration Number/ Username
Aspirants will be redirected to the admission card page after filling out these two requirements. Each applicant must download their hall ticket, print it out, and bring it with them to the exam location as identification.
- · Open the RRB’s authorised website https://indianrailways.gov.in/.
- Select the Group D RRB Hall Ticket link from the list provided.
- Choose the right RRB Region.
- Click the login link that is visible on the screen and type your registration details.
- Download and keep a printout of your Group D RRB Admit Card.
Group D RRB Result Checking Procedures for 2023
By following the instructions listed below, applicants can view their Group D RRB Result:
- Visiting the Railway Recruitment Board’s official website https://indianrailways.gov.in/ is the first step.
- Open the link to the Group D RRB Result 2023.
- Decide which RRB Region you want.
- screen will show the RRB Group D Result PDF.
- Save the Group D RRB results, and then look up your name or roll no. in the list.
Group D RRB - Answer Key
Applicants who took part in the Group D RRB CBT 1 Exam 2023, which was administered in five phases between 17th August and 11th October 2023, must be eagerly awaiting the release of the Group D RRB Answer Key. The tentative Railway Group D Answer Key, along with the right answers or responses to the questions posed in the exam, have been made available by the Railway Recruitment Board. The Group D RRB Response Sheet will assist applicants in estimating the marks they will need to achieve in the exam and in determining whether they will qualify for the exam or not.
Methods for downloading the Group D RRB Answer Key for 2023
The steps listed below should be followed by applicants who took the Group D RRB CBT 1 Exam to get and review their Group D RRB Answer Key & Response Sheet from the authorised website.
- Go to the RRB’s authorised website https://indianrailways.gov.in/.
- Open the URL and select “CEN-RRC-01/2019 (PayScaleLevel-1 Profiles): responses, Objection Tracker CBT checking of question-paper, and answer keys and putting objections (if there is any) to options/ questions/keys.”
- Your screen should now display a new page.
- Your registration number and password must be entered in Step 4.
- Download your Group D RRB Solution Key 2023 and take out a hard copy.
Answer Key for Group RRB D: how to Raise Objection?
Applicants may voice their objections. The charge for putting an objection is Rs. 50 + there will be a Bank Service Cost for each question, and if the objection is valid, the fee would be reimbursed. Only Master debit cards/ SBI VISA and All Bank Rupay debit cards can be used to make the payment. Once the window for objections has expired, the definitive answer key will be made public.
Steps to follow to raise an Objection
- Go to the “Objection” tracker.
- Object to the Group D RRB Answer Key.
- Aspirants must decide the question ID they want to raise objections about.
- Opt for the preferred language.
- Aspirants must also provide supporting documentation and the justification for their reservations.
- Disputes without a compelling argument shall be dismissed.
- Press the “Submit” button to save the objections.
What topics will be included in the Group D RRB CBT-1 exam?
General Intelligence & Reasoning, Mathematics, General Awareness & Current Affairs, and General Science are the four subjects included in the Group D RRB CBT Exam.
What is the selection criteria for Group D RRB Exam?
The (CBT) Computer Based Test, (PET) Physical Efficiency Test, Documentation, and Medical Examination make up the Group D RRB Exam selection criteria.
How many number of questions will be asked in the Group D RRB exam?
In the Group D RRB exam, there will be 100 questions divided into the following categories: reasoning (30), mathematics (25), general science (25), and general awareness (20).
What will be the standard syllabus for Group D RRB exam?
The Group D RRB syllabus is at the level of Class 10. Applicants can therefore use their high school textbooks to understand the fundamental ideas.
Which are the important mathematics concepts for Group D RRB Exam?
Decimals, number systems, ratios and proportions, profit and loss, simple and compound interest, time and distance, and other topics are crucial for Group D RRB Mathematics.
How should I get ready for the Group D RRB exam?
Applicants should review the syllabus and exam format, do practice mock tests, and focus on strengthening their weak areas as they get ready for the Group D RRB exam.
How long will the Group D RRB exam last?
The duration of the Group D RRB exam is 1 hour 30 minutes & there is a 120-minute extension for applicants with disabilities who are accompanied by a scribe.
There will be many job posts released by the RRB in the coming time. So, we recommend you keep checking Formal Monkey for the most recent updates about the govt jobs, their notification, important links, and more.
Also, get free job alerts for the latest government jobs!