Review the Latest Syllabus and Exam-pattern for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2023
The Preliminary and Main Exams’ Syllabus is prescribed by the (IBPS) Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. This recruitment exam is organised each year by the IBPS to hire aspirants for the post of clerks for Public Sector Govt Banks. The IBPS Syllabus for Clerk Exam must be properly understood and evaluated by the applicants to know what will be covered in the test and what to prepare for. To determine the importance of the sub-topics included in each area of the preliminary and main tests, a candidate must consult past exams and online test series. Those who complete the preliminary examination are instructed to take the main examination.
Summary of the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Syllabus
Every year, IBPS held the IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam. Students must be familiar with the exam’s syllabus and format to be prepared. Let’s take a quick look at the 2023 IBPS Clerk Recruitment Syllabus and Pattern.
|Exam Organising Agency||(IBPS) Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Examination Name||IBPS Clerk Examination 2022-23|
|Scores for IBPS Clerk Exam||
|Marking System||1 point for each right response|
|Negative Scoring||1/4th or 2.5 points deducted for each wrong response|
|Language Supported||Hindi or English
The candidate will have to attempt an English paper in English only.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam Syllabus for Prelim Test
Topics from Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, and Reasoning are covered in the 2023 IBPS Clerk Prelims syllabus. The IBPS Clerk exam pattern specifies that there will be 100 questions in the test. The test carries a maximum score of 100. The test has a 60-minute time limit. The IBPS Clerk recruitment exam quantitative aptitude syllabus covers a wide range of subjects, including number series, data interpretation, probability, measurement, permutation, and combination.
While puzzles are thought to be the most significant topic in reasoning, DI is the largest and most crucial topic in quant. As these themes have a lot of weight, one needs to understand their notions. There are 7-8 questions on reading passages in the English portion. In the prelims exam, reading comprehension questions are often asked in two sets. IBPS preliminary complete syllabus is mentioned below:
|English Language||Reasoning Ability||Numerical Ability|
Exam Syllabus for IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2023
The IBPS Clerk Mains Syllabus specifies that the paper is broken up into four components. General Awareness will be added as a new section to the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam Syllabus. There will be questions based on financial awareness in this part.
Exam Format for IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam
- The IBPS Prelims Exam carries 100 points and lasts one hour, with 20 minutes allotted to each section.
- There will be three portions in the IBPS PO Prelims Stage, each lasting an hour.
- The Prelim Paper consists of total 100 MCQs questions.
- Aspirants must achieve minimal cut-off marks in each of the three examinations, which will be determined by IBPS, for each section.
- The right number of applicants in each category, as determined by IBPS demands, will be shortlisted for the online main exam.
Exam Pattern for the IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam
|Order No||Section||Questions||Scores||Examination Medium|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 mins|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 mins|
|3||Reasoning Ability or Logical||35||35||20 mins|
Exam pattern of the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2022 Main Exam
- There are 190 questions in the IBPS Clerk Mains Exam, and you have 160 minutes to finish them.
- There will be 190 questions in all and 160 minutes in the Mains IBPS Clerk Exam.
- The Mains IBPS Clerk Exam will have four parts, each with a unique sectional time restriction. The examinations for reasoning ability & computational aptitude used to be administered separately. Based on the latest IBPS update, both of these sections have been joined to equal 50 Marks.
Exam Format for the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Mains Exam
|Order No||Section||Questions||Scores||Examination Medium||Time|
|1||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||Hindi & English||35 mins|
|2||English Proficiency||40||40||English||35 mins|
|3||Computer Aptitude & Reasoning Ability||50||60||Hindi & English||45 mins|
|4||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||Hindi & English||45 mins|
IBPS Clerk Practice Exam
Without completing sectional and comprehensive mock examinations, preparation for the IBPS Clerk exam is not complete. Exam practise exams give you a clearer idea of the types of questions that will be asked in the real thing. Additionally, this raises the grade. Based on the most recent exam structure and syllabus, mock tests are similar to genuine assessments.
By taking practise examinations, applicants can solve problems more quickly and identify their weak areas. Applicants can determine how much time each subject will require in the exam by using the IBPS Clerk practise test.
Preparation Tricks for IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam 2023
The best ways to prepare for the IBPS Clerk test are recommended by experts in preparation for the exam. To learn more, read the exam preparation tips provided below:
- It will be easier for you to understand the IBPS Clerk question paper if you have a firm understanding of the IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam syllabus and test pattern.
- For the IBPS Clerk test, a sound approach and an effective study plan are advised.
- Prepare to devote time to every segment, paying particular attention to your areas of weakness.
- Keep consistent notes while you study. You can use these notes to revise at the last moment.
- For thorough exam preparation, read the suggested books.
- Try to attempt online mock test series of the IBPS Clerk exams with the help of a timer.
- Sample test papers and exam papers from prior years would help offer you a good sense of the questions, marking scheme, time constraints, etc.
Result of the IBPS Clerk Exam 2022-23
Aspirants who pass the IBPS Clerk preliminary examination will take the IBPS Clerk main examination, the results of which will be released later.
The final merit list is created by the organisation in charge of administering the exam, IBPS, and takes into account the IBPS Clerk Mains Result scores.
When it becomes available, applicants can view their IBPS Clerk Mains Result by logging in using their Registration Number and Password on the organization’s authorised website.
Steps to Check the Result of the IBPS Clerk Exam
- Applicants must visit IBPS’s authorised website.
- Browse the entire website to locate the “Result” Section.
- Locate and click the link for the IBPS Clerk Mains Results.
- Now, a new window will appear, enter the necessary information. Enter your DOB/registration Number and passcode as login credentials.
- To access your IBPS account, you must now enter the captcha code exactly as it appears.
- Your final result will be visible on the screen. It must be saved on the candidates’ devices so they can utilise it later.
FAQs for IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam 2022-23
How can I get a detailed understanding of the IBPS Clerk question paper format?
Aspirants must complete previous years’ question papers, sample papers, and mock exam series online to obtain a good understanding of the IBPS Clerk paper format.
How long will the IBPS Clerk Mains test last?
The Mains exam for the IBPS Clerk will last 160 minutes. The tests will have 200 questions, divided into five divisions.
What topics are included in the syllabus for the IBPS Clerk preliminary exam?
English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability are the three areas of the IBPS Clerk 2022 syllabus for the preliminary test.
IBPS Clerk and PO syllabuses are they the same?
The IBPS Clerk and PO syllabuses have the same subjects, but the exam format is slightly different. Moreover, the mains syllabus for IBPS PO exam includes a comprehensive English test, whereas the IBPS Clerk exam does not.
What is the IBPS Clerk Exam 2023 Marking Scheme?
For a Correct Response: 01 Marks Given; Incorrect Response: 0.25 (1/4) Marks Subtracted.
How will aspirants be chosen for the IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam?
The Preliminary and Main Exams will determine which applicants move on to the next round. However, the candidates’ Mains Exam scores will be used to make the ultimate decision.
What are the most crucial subjects for English language study?
The most crucial English language topics are paraphrase confusion, reading comprehension, and error detection.
What is the distribution of scores for the IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam?
The IBPS Clerk Prelims will have 100 questions and take an hour, and the IBPS Mains will have 200 questions and take two hours and forty minutes.
In the IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam, would there be any negative marking?
Yes, in the IBPS Clerk Preliminary and Main Exams, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for each incorrect response.
IBPS Clerk’s Main and Preliminary Exams: How difficult are they?
Although there is no such thing as an easy or difficult exam, the IBPS clerk exam has a moderate level of difficulty when compared to other competitive exams. To pass the IBPS clerk test, time management, quickness, and practise are more important than an in-depth study.
What language will the questions be written in for the IBPS Clerk 2022 Exam?
The test will be bilingual, consisting of both English and Hindi. The English Language Paper, on the other hand, will only be offered in English.
How much time would be required to cover the entire IBPS Clerk Syllabus?
If you are starting from scratch and have a good study schedule, you might be able to finish the IBPS Clerk course in three to four months. Nevertheless, based on each person’s skills and shortcomings, this may vary.
Does the IBPS Clerk Syllabus differ significantly from that of other bank exams?
The syllabus for practically all bank and insurance exams is the same, thus there aren’t any significant differences. Exams for Officer Grade and Clerk Grade have different levels of questions.
Applicants must dedicate themselves to their studies if they want to pass the IBPS Clerk test on their first attempt. The syllabus must be completed in two to three hours every day by the candidates. To be well-prepared for the IBPS Clerk exam, candidates must also complete practise tests and work on the previous year’s question papers. For more information about the latest government jobs, feel free to visit Formal Monkey.
We will share the best practice papers, preparation tips, and mock tests here on our website.