Comprehensive Syllabus and Exam Format for the NEET PG 2022-23!
The syllabus for NEET PG 2023 is created by NBE. According to the Graduate Medical Education Regulations published by the Medical Council of India, the NEET PG syllabus includes the following academic areas. Before beginning their preparation, aspirants should familiarise themselves with the NEET PG 2023 syllabus, which includes themes and subject weighting. The NEET PG syllabus will give the test-taker an idea of the subjects on which they should focus their study efforts. Candidates may refer to the syllabus set forth by the Medical Council of India since NBE does not specify the NEET PG syllabus word for word. The majority of the syllabus is made up of MBBS course material.
NEET PG 2023 Syllabus Specifications
Aspirants should review all the information provided about the NEET PG 2023 curriculum. Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical are the three sections of the NEET PG 2023 Syllabus. The NBE decides the marks distribution for each topic. A total of 14 subjects make up the questions. For detailed information on the NEET PG syllabus 2023, read the article completely.
Subjects Covered in NEET PG Exam 2023 Syllabus
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Orthopaedics, Surgery, and Anaesthesia
- Venereology and Medicine Dermatology
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics
Detailed Syllabus for NEET PG Exam 2023
The course requirements for MBBS and BDS graduates are included in the syllabus. Para-clinical, pre-clinical, and clinical subjects will be the ones most frequently questioned. Following is a list of all the subjects’ syllabuses:
|Name 0f the Subject||Sub Topics|
|2023 NEET PG Exam Syllabus: Important topics related to the Pre-Clinical Subjects|
2023 NEET PG Exam Syllabus: Important topics related to the Para-Clinical Subjects
|Social and Preventive Medicine||
2023 NEET PG Exam Syllabus: Important topics related to the Clinical Subjects
|Medicine Dermatology & Venereology||
|ENT, Surgery, Anaesthesia & Orthopaedics||
|Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy||
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||
NEET PG Exam Syllabus 2023 for Dental Sciences
Check out the list given below for the NEET PG MDS Exam syllabus.
- General human physiology and Biochemistry.
- General Anatomy including histology & embryology.
- Embryology, Dental Anatomy, & Oral Histology.
- Dental & General Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- General Surgery.
- Dental Materials.
- General Medicine.
- Oral Microbiology & Oral Pathology.
- Radiology & Oral Medicine.
- Dentofacial & Orthodontics Orthopaedics.
- Prosthodontics and Preventive Dentistry.
- Public Health Dentistry.
- Conservative Endodontics & Dentistry.
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
- Maxillofacial & Oral Surgery.
Exam Format for the NEET PG Exam 2023
Aspirants must be familiar with both the NEET PG syllabus and the exam format. Aspirants can make plans in advance thanks to the exam pattern, which gives information about the test paper. The table below shows the NEET PG exam schedule for 2023:
|Language of Exam||English (only)|
|Sort of questions||(MCQs) Multiple-choice questions|
|Negative Scoring System||Yes|
Highlights of the Exam schedule for NEET PG 2023
Before beginning to develop plans for the entrance test preparation, aspirants who desire to sit for the postgraduate medical entrance examination must be familiar with the NEET PG 2023 exam format. The bullet points below provide the key information about the exam format.
- Date and format of the NEET PG 2023 exam will be announced by NBE on their authorised website.
- The medical postgraduate test will be administered using computers.
- Language of the NEET PG 2023 test: English will be the only language used to administer the NEET PG 2023 exam.
- The NEET PG exam will last 3 hours and 30 minutes, and applicants must complete the question paper.
- NEET PG 2023 will have MCQs – multiple-choice questions with a maximum score of 800.
- According to the NEET PG exam format, there will be a total of 200 questions on the question paper.
- Number of questions from each section: Three sections will make up the NEET PG 2023 exam question paper. A total of 200 multiple-choice questions will be presented to candidates.
- Negative marking will be used in the exam per the NEET PG pattern 2023. For further information on the scoring system, aspirants can look at the table below.
The NEET PG Exam 2023 Marking System
To implement negative marking in the NEET postgraduate test, NBE updated the marking scheme in 2018. Due to the possibility of losing marks for a wrong answer, aspirants should take extra care when taking the exam, which could affect whether or not they are admitted. The following is the 2023 NEET PG marking system:
|Type of Answers||Scores|
|Unattempted Question||No marks will be deducted|
Subjects covered in Every Part of NEET PG Exam 2023
According to the 2023 NEET PG test pattern, the exam is divided into three portions, each of which has a distinct number of questions. There are 200 questions in all, with the marking scheme held throughout each segment of the exam. The question paper carries 800 total points.
Exam Schedule for NEET PG 2023
The 2023 NEET PG exam will be administered in a single session on the day that it was previously indicated. The NEET PG test schedule must be taken into consideration as candidates map out the exam centre they have chosen. Here is the schedule for the NEET PG 2023 examination.
|Biometric Registration & Assembly||1:30 PM|
|Closing Time of Doors of Exam Hall||3:00 PM|
|Granting Permission for Applicant Login||3:15 PM|
|Applicant final Login and 15-mins Demo||3:20 PM|
|Starting time of the exam||3:30 PM|
|Ending time of the exam||7:00 PM|
NEET PG Exam 2023: Practice exam
On the authorised NBE website, www.nbe.edu.in, the NEET PG 2023 mock test is made available. The mock test is a sample exam that enables medical hopefuls to become acquainted with the NEET PG 2023 exam format. Applicants won’t need their NEET PG 2023 login information to take the mock exam. The login information for the NEET PG mock test is pre-configured for candidate use.
How to get the NEET PG Final Result?
The 2023 NEET PG result will be released online at www.nbe.edu.in. Aspirants can access the NEET PG 2023 result by referring to the points listed below.
- Visit NBE’s authorised webpage at www.nbe.edu.in.
- Now, double-click on the option “2023 NEET PG Result.”
- The screen will show the 2023 NEET PG result.
- To find the roll number, download the NEET PG result PDF and use the ‘Ctrl+F’ keyboard shortcut.
- Check the information provided in the result PDF.
- View the cut-off percentile and results for NEET PG.
FAQs for the NEET PG Exam 2023
What are the number of sections the NEET PG syllabus 2023 have?
NEET Pre-clinical, Clinical, and Para-clinical are the three areas of the PG 2023 course.
When will NBE hold the NEET PG 2023 examination?
The NEET PG 2023 examination is expected on March 5.
How many questions in the NEET PG 2023 exam will be worth a mark?
Aspirants will have three and a half hours to respond to 200 questions worth a total of 800 points.
How many topics will be covered in the NEET PG Pre-Clinical syllabus?
The principal subjects are:
These subjects will also be broken down into several subtopics.
Who determines the NEET PG 2023 eligibility requirements?
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) establishes the requirements for NEET PG 2023 eligibility.
Who develops the NEET PG curriculum for 2023?
The National Medical Commission (NMC) develops the NEET PG 2023 syllabus.
What number of questions will be on the NEET PG test in 2023?
In the NEET PG 2023 test, 200 multiple-choice questions will be presented.
What is the NEET PG 2023 marking structure?
Candidates will receive four points for each accurate response, while one point will be subtracted for each incorrect response. The correctly answered question won’t receive any points.
Aspirants who wish to take admission to the most reputed medical universities to pursue postgraduate medical courses and diplomas must check out the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly. To crack the exam, we suggest you attempt online mock tests regularly.