Detailed Syllabus & Exam Pattern for UPSSSC PET Exam 2022-23!
Along with its formal notification, the UPSSSC announced the latest UPSSSC PET Syllabus and Exam format. The UPSSSC PET exam is an eligibility exam conducted by the UPSSSC to hire applicants for various Group B and Group C categories. The UPSSSC PET examination is qualifying in nature. Given that this is the first time the exam will be administered, the applicants may not be familiar with the format or syllabus.
For the PET (Preliminary Eligibility Test) 2023, UPSSSC invites applications online. For the UPSSSC Exam, applicants must study for 10 different sections. General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, General Science, General Hindi, General English, History, the Indian Economy, Geography, the Indian Constitution, Elementary Arithmetic, and Public Administration are some of the names of the sections.
UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus 2023
In this article, we will discuss the Official Detailed UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus 2023 for the UPSSSC PET test 20232. Given that the UPSSSC PET Exam is being held for the second time, we have covered the most recent syllabus and Exam Pattern in this article in detail. Therefore, this is something fresh for everyone and will aid in improving their preparation with the appropriate advice and plan.
Exam Pattern and Syllabus for UPSSSC PET Exam in 2023
Every applicant preparing for the UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 should be aware that it is a state-level test for the hiring of secretarial positions, among other positions, in Uttar Pradesh (UP). An aspirant who passes the PET exam must then show up for the in-person exams specific to the positions in which they are interested.
Examining the UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus for 2023
n June 28, 2023, the UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 announcement is posted on the website. Below is a summary of the UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus 2023. Download the PDF for the UPSSSC PET Syllabus 2023 from the post below.
|Name of the agency||Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Service Selection
|Name of the examination||(PET) Preliminary Eligibility Test for Group B & Group C Various
|UP PET Job 2023 Official Notification||June 28th, 2023|
|Online Registration Date||June 28th, 2023 to July 27th, 2023|
|Examination Date||15th and 16th October 2023|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Most Recent 2023 UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus
There are questions on a wide range of topics and disciplines in the UPSSSC PET Exam. You can determine the possible question types by using the test syllabus for the UPSSSC PET Exam that we have given below. The courses listed below are covered in the UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus.
- General Knowledge
- Logical Analysis
- Indian Economy
- General English
- the Indian Constitution,
- General Science
- Elementary arithmetic,
- General Hindi History
- Public Administration
It is advisable to start your preparation by solving UPSSSC Practice Papers as soon as you have finished the syllabus so that applicants have the opportunity to encounter questions from every subject.
UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Order & Ranking
- Calendar & Watch
- Cause & Effect Coding-Decoding – Numbers and Letters
- Conclusive Reasoning
- Large & Small
- Negative Reasoning –Decision & Statement Analysis
UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus for General Awareness
- Countries, Currencies, and Capitals
- The Indian States & UTs
- India’s Neighbors
- National and International Days and their Importance
- Indian Parliament
- Indian Tourism Destination
- World Organization and Headquarters
- Indian Art & Culture
- Indian Research Institutes
- Indian & International Sports
- Books and Authors
- Climate Change and Environment
- Awards and Honors
UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus for General Hindi
- विलोम शब्द
- पर्यायवाची वाक्यांशों के लिए एक शब्द
- समश्रुतभिन्नार्थक शब्द
- लेखक और रचनाएं (Poetry & Prose)
UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus for General English
- Questions on Passage
- English Grammar
UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus for General Science
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Physics
- Basic Biology
UPSSSC PET Syllabus for Current Affairs
- International Current Affairs
- National Current Affairs
UPSSSC PET Syllabus for National Movement & Indian History
- Indus Valley Civilization
- Vedic Culture
- Gupta Dynasty
- Maurya Dynasty
- Rajput period
- Sultanate period
- The British India Act & Legislative Amendment and, 1935
- Mughal Empire
- The first freedom struggle & Rise of the British Raj
- Quit India Movement
- Economic & Social Impact of the British Raj
- Civil & Swadeshi Disobedience Movement
- The early years of the Independence Movement
- Revolutionary Movement and the Rise of Extremism
UPSSSC PET Syllabus for Geography
- Climate and Weather
- Population Change and Migration
- Political Geography of India and the World
- Time Zone
Physical Geography of India and the World: Groundwater resources, Rivers and their Valleys, Mountains and glaciers, Desert and dry areas, and Mineral resources
UPSSSC PET Syllabus for the Indian Economy
Post-2014 economic reforms: Structural reforms, Agricultural reforms, Labor reforms, GST, and Financial Improvement
Indian Economy from 1947 to 1991: Green revolution, Planning commission, and five-year plans, Milk development, Development of mixed economy: private and public sector, and operation flood, reforms of banks, Nationalization.
UPSSSC PET Syllabus for Indian Public Administration & Constitution
Indian Constitution: Salient features of the Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Parliamentary system, Judicial Structure, and Union State Relations, Supreme Court, Federal system, Union Territories, High Court
- Panchayati Raj Institutions and Local Bodies
- District Administration
UPSSSC PET Syllabus for Elementary Arithmetic
- Simple Arithmetic Equations
- Fractions, Whole Numbers, and Decimals
- Square and Square Roots
- Exponent and Powers
Exam Format of UPSSSC PET Exam 2023
The PET Examination is administered offline by the UPSSSC. Applicants need to be knowledgeable about the application process as well as the most recent UPSSSC PET exam format. The following information about the UPSSSC PET exam pattern is provided:
- The exam consists of 100 (MCQs) objective-type questions, each worth one mark, and the applicants have two hours to finish the paper.
- Each question has numerous possible answers, and applicants must select the best one.
- Additionally, the UPSSSC PET Exam has a 25% negative marking system. Thus, each incorrectly answered question results in a deduction of 1/4 of a mark.
The highlights of the Exam Pattern of the UPSSSC PET Exam are shown in the table below.
|Exam Organising Body||UPSSSC|
|Examination Mode||OMR-Based Offline Mode|
|Sort of Questions||(MCQs) Objective Type Questions|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Negative Scoring||¼ points deducted for each wrong answer|
Exam Pattern for UPSSSC PET: Scoring System
In the PET UPSSSC Exam, several topics are covered by the questions. The themes do not have a consistent distribution of marks. However, we have listed the topic-by-topic weighting of the PET Exam marks. According to UPSSSC’s previous years’ papers, the following table indicates the anticipated number of questions that can be asked from different topics.
|Indian Public Administration & Constitution||05||05|
|Analysis of 2 unread passages||10||10|
|Table Interpretation Analysis||10||10|
Preparation Tips for the UPSSSC PET Exam
One of the prominent exams in the state of Uttar Pradesh is the PSSSC PET exam. Since thousands of aspirants apply for this exam each year and the competition is growing, applicants must organise their study time to achieve the desired outcome. We’ve provided some useful advice for your convenience that will help you prepare more effectively. Here is the plan for getting ready for the next UPSSSC PET Exam in 2023.
- Applicants must thoroughly review the comprehensive syllabus.
- Download the syllabus in PDF format and save it on your device so you can verify that you have finished all the chapters.
- Since the exam is at the state level, it is crucial that you study every subject while keeping the state of Uttar Pradesh in mind.
- Keeping a book on the state of Uttar Pradesh is advised so that you are aware of everything about the state you are applying for.
- Download as many sample test questions as you can and practise them beforehand.
- Don’t forget to revise at least once per week.
- Write practise exams, describe how well you did on them, and make preparations as necessary.
- It’s crucial to maintain your composure and self-assurance.
Most Recommended Books for UPSSSC PET Preparation
To prepare for the UPSSSC PET Exam, there are numerous books available. Additionally, applicants can purchase study materials, and textbooks, and practise exams online or offline. The most recent edition of these publications must be followed by applicants.
|Current Affairs||General Knowledge||By Arihant|
|General Science||General Science for Competitive Exams||By BK Editorial Board|
|Logic & Reasoning||Logical Reasoning||By Arihant|
|General Awareness||General Awareness||By Arihant|
|General English||Objective General English||By Arihant/ SP Bakshi|
Downloading Steps of UPSSSC PET Admission Card
A few weeks before the exam date, the UPSSSC PET Admission Card will be made available. To download the document, follow the directions below.
- Visit the UPSSSC website www.upsssc.gov.in.
- To download the Admit Card for UPSSSC PET, click the link.
- Type in your login information.
- Check all of the data on the admissions card.
- Download and take out a hard copy of your hall ticket for future usage if all the information is accurate.
Steps to Download the UPSSSC PET Exam Result
Once the exam of UPSSSC PET is finished, the results will be made public. The UPSSSC PET Exam Result will announce the final result on its authorised website.
The steps we have listed below can be used by aspirants to download their UPSSSC PET Exam Results.
- Visit the UPSSSC’s website www.upsssc.gov.in first.
- Find the Results Section by using the website’s navigational tools.
- Locate and click the link to the UPSSSC PET Result 2023.
- The right credentials must be entered in step four.
- You can view your PET result after entering the captcha verification code.
How to Find the Cut-off scores of UPSSSC PET?
By following the instructions listed below, applicants can download the UPSSSC PET Exam Cut-Off scores:
- Visit the UPSSSC-authorised website www.upsssc.gov.in in step one.
- The second step is to select the Advertisements/ Notifications column from the main page.
- You will see a different website.
- Look for the link that says “UPSSSC PET Exam Cut Off ” on the website and double-click it.
- Download the file in PDF format to save it for later use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the exam format for the UPSSSC PET Exam written test?
100 multiple-choice, (MCQ) objective-type questions will be asked in the exam.
In the UPSSSC PET exam, is there a negative marking option?
Yes. In the exam, there will be a 1/4-point deduction for any wrong answer.
Does the UPSSSC PET Exam syllabus need to be downloaded?
Of course, you can easily prepare if you have the syllabus handy with you.
Are there any restrictions on how many times you may take the UPSSSC PET Exam?
There is no such information released by the authority.
What are the UPSSSC PET minimal qualifying scores?
There is no minimum score required to pass the UPSSSC PET, according to the exam commission.
How do I obtain the UPSSSC PET complete syllabus?
The UPSSSC PET Exam syllabus is available to applicants on the commission’s authorised website www.upsssc.gov.in.
How Can I Complete the UPSSSC PET Syllabus in Six Months?
The aspirant must first carefully review the entire UPSSSC PET Exam syllabus. Take a few mock exams to identify your weak points. Make a solid study schedule with a focus on your areas of weakness. After that, try more questions to help yourself understand the topics better.
How can I calculate my expected scores after the exam?
When aspirants compare their tried answers to those stated in the UPSSSC PET Answer Key, they can get an idea of the marks they received.
What will the UPSSSC PET Exam be like in 2023?
The UPSSSC PET Exam will be given offline.
What is the complete UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus?
The 15 topics covered by the UPSSSC PET syllabus range from the Indian National Movement, Indian history, geography, the Indian constitution, the Indian economy, and public administration, general Hindi, general science, logic and reasoning, elementary arithmetic, general awareness, and current events. The PET exam is a single-stage written test on which the candidates’ merit lists are made public.
What is the UPSSSC PET Exam 2023 pattern?
In the UPSSSC PET exam, there will be 100 multiple-choice questions will be asked each carrying 1 mark.
Do changes to the UPSSSC PET Exam Syllabus occur annually?
In recent years, there has been no change to the UPSSSC PET Exam syllabus. There is virtually little chance that the UPSSSC PET exam’s syllabus or exam format will change significantly any time soon.
Gain exam success by thoroughly studying by following a proper timetable. Keep checking our website for updates on the UPSSSC PET Exam latest information. When UPSSSC releases the PET notifications for the upcoming year, we’ll let you know here. Get the most recent govt job information here at Formal Monkey.