Exam pattern & Syllabus for FCI Recruitment 2023
FCI Exam Syllabus 2023: The syllabus and exam pattern should be properly read before beginning any exam preparation. The exam preparation topics are only known after reading the curriculum. Candidates must be familiar with the FCI syllabus 2023 if they hope to pass the exam and land a job at FCI. All positions under categories II, III, and IV are subject to a common recruiting exam at the preliminary stage, which is conducted by FCI. The FCI syllabus differs by post in the second phase. Categories II, III, and IV of the FCI syllabus for 2023, as well as the exam format, is covered in this article.
FCI Syllabus for the Post of Assistants & Managers in 2023:
On August 27th, 2023, the FCI published the official notification for the recruitment of managers. The deadline for exam applications was 26th September 2023. The FCI Phase 1 paper will take place in December 2023. The following contains all the details regarding the FCI Manager (2023) and Assistant Posts (2021) exam syllabus.
FCI Recruitment Highlights 2023
Information related to the FCI Exam is mentioned below:
|Name of the examination||Food Corporation of India Recruitment Exam|
|Organising Body||Food Corporation of India|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Selection Criteria||Prelims Exam, Main Exams, and Skill Test along with Document Validation|
Why Syllabus is important for the FCI govt exam?
FCI Manager and Assistant tests face intense competition because they are attractive job profiles within the Central Government of India, making it difficult for applicants to simply pass the exam on the first try.
Because of this, it’s critical for applicants to stay updated about the FCI exam format for Manager and Assistant Manager positions as well as to comprehend the FCI Syllabus before memorising it. Applicants can review the complete syllabus for the post of FCI managers & Assistants on the authorised website of the FCI.
Syllabus for FCI Manager Post
The comprehensive Phase I and Phase II syllabuses are provided here for the convenience of applicants preparing for the FCI Manager 2023 exam. Applicants should keep in mind that the Food Corporation of India revised the FCI Manager exam 2023 structure. As a result, applicants should read the FCI official announcement to understand the revised exam pattern’s criteria.
FCI Syllabus for the Profile of Manager for Paper 1
|English||Reasoning and Logical||Numerical Section|
Post-Wise Syllabus for FCI Manager Post 2023 (Phase 2)
The syllabus listed below is the FCI Syllabus 2023 for each job. The post-specific exam will have 60 questions and 120 marks. Candidates must read the FCI Syllabus 2023, which is provided below.
FCI Syllabus for the Post of Accounts Manager in 2023
- The creation accounting standards & books of accounts and are post-basic accounting concepts.
- Taxation: (a) Income tax filing, TDS, advance tax, and other related taxes. Goods and Services Tax (b).
- Financial Management consists of the following activities: (a) financial statement analysis (b) budgeting and budgetary control (c) working capital management (d) capital budgeting and ratio analysis.
- Companies Act, Contract Act, Negotiable Instruments Act, Sales of Goods Act, RTI Act, Consumer Protection Act are examples of commercial laws.
- Internal and external audits of companies are both types of auditing.
- The fundamental components of a computer are its operating system, browsers, email, and memory (portable, external, and internal) (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Networks.
FCI Syllabus 2023: Electrical Engineering Manager
Heat Transfer, Theory of Machines, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Thermodynamics, Machine Design, Engineering Materials, Strength of Materials, Production Engineering, Production Planning, and Control Material Handling, Electrical Circuits, Industrial Engineering, Network theorems, EM Theory, Electrostatics, Material Science (Electric Materials), Hydro, Electrical Measurements, Nuclear & Solar power production, (Power System: Power generation; Thermal Elements of Computation Power Apparatus and Systems, and Transmissions), Control Systems, Electromechanics, Estimation and costing, Electronics and Communications, Use of computers.
FCI Syllabus 2023: Civil Engineering Manager post
Building Materials: Lime, Stone, Glass, Steel, Plastics, FRP, Aluminium, Ceramics, Fly Ash, Timber, Bricks and Aggregates Classification, Basic Admixtures, Cement, properties and selection criteria, etc.
Surveying: Leveling, temporary and permanent adjustments of levels, and tachometry, Use of theodolite, Surveying, and Theodolite. Computations of areas and volumes, Triangulation & Trigonometrically survey. Contours and contouring.
Construction Practice, Planning, and Management: Equipment, Construction Planning, site investigation, Quality Control, Tendering Process, Contract Management, Productivity, Land acquisition, Operation Cost; Labour safety, and welfare.
Engineering Materials & Construction Technology Selection of the site for the construction, air conditioning, Ventilation, and acoustics, orientation & Planning of buildings. Building and highway materials, Bricks timber, Stones, Lime, Plain and reinforced Cement Concrete, Cement Mortar, Asphalt, and Bitumen.
Highway and bridges: Classification of road land width, WBM courses, sub-base, crushed cement concrete base / sub-base course, sand bitumen base curse. Prime and tack coats, seal coats, Asphaltic concrete, surface dressing, etc.
Soil/Geotechnical Engineering Classification of water content, soil, Field identification tests, specific gravity, voids ratio, porosity, Darcy’s law, Flow nets its Characteristics, Soil permeability and its determination in the laboratory and field. Design Criteria for a shallow foundation, Local and general shear failures, Stability of simple slopes, and Plate load test.
Structural Analysis: Strength of materials, bending moments and shear force, Concepts, Suspended Cables, Analysis of determinate and indeterminate structure, and use of Computer Aided Design.
Design of Concrete and Masonry Structures; Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression, and combined forces; Design of beams, Slabs, Lintels, Foundations, Retaining walls, Staircases, and Tanks.
Estimating, Costing, and Valuation: analysis of rates, estimate, earthwork, RCC work shuttering, Brick, Painting, plastering flexible pavements, Flooring, Tube well, Steel Truss, Piles, isolates, and combined footings, etc. Scrap value, Valuation- Value and cost, assessed value, salvage value, sinking fund, valuation methods, depreciation, and obsolescence.
Design of steel structures: Principles of working stress methods, Principles of Ultimate load design, and Industrial roofs Design of tension and compression members, built-up sections, Girders, Design of beams and beam-column connections.
Phase 1 Exam Pattern for FCI Manager 2023
A 100-point objective-type paper will be used for the Phase I examination. Review the FCI Manager Exam Pattern for Phase I features below, including the scoring system, number of questions, and other information.
Exam Pattern FCI Recruitment of Manager Post Phase 1
|Subject Name||Total Questions||Total Points||Time||Supported Language|
|Numerical||25||25||15||Both Hindi & English|
|Reasoning Ability||25||25||15||Both Hindi & English|
(Questions from the Current Affairs)
|25||25||15||Both Hindi & English|
- One mark will be assigned to each question (one).
- The total score for that particular question will be reduced by 1/4 for each wrong response.
- If a candidate leaves a question blank or with an incomplete response, there won’t be any negative grading.
- Phase I of the exam is solely qualifying in nature.
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Post Phase 2 in 2023
There will be four papers in the Phase II test. The candidates must attempt these exams in accordance with the post for which they have applied. Review the FCI Manager Phase 2 Exam Pattern details below.
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Post Phase II (for All Papers)
|Paper Type||No. of Questions & Scores||Time|
|Paper – I||120 MCQs
Each question of 1 point (maximum 120 points)
|1 hour 30 minutes|
|Profile-specific Paper-II (in phase II)||60 MCQs
Each question carries 2 points
Marks Scores (120 points).
|Paper-III (Only for the Manager (Hindi) Profile (Code-H)||120 MCQs
Each Question of 1 point
score (maximum 120 points)
|1 hour 30 minutes|
|Paper-IV (For the Manager Profile Hindi) (Post Code-H )||I One Hindi to English translation passage
(ii) 1 English to Hindi translation passage (iii) 1 Hindi essay
(iv) 1 Accurate English Writing
Each question is worth 30 points, for a total of 120 points.
|1 hour 30 minutes|
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Post Phase II: Paper 1
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Post Paper 1 of Phase II
|Section||Total of Questions||Total Scores||Time||Language supported|
(Questions from Current Affairs: total 5 Questions)
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Post Phase II: Paper 2
|Profile||Subject||Total Questions||Total Scores|
|Manager (Electrical, Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering).||Electrical, Civil Engineering / Mechanical Engineering||60||120|
|Manager (Technical Post)||Agricultural Engineering & Bio-Technology, Food Science, and Technology,||60||120|
Exam Pattern for FCI Manager Profile Paper 3 Phase II
|Sections||Questions||Total Points||Time||Supported Language|
|General Awareness||20||20||10||Both Hindi & English|
|Computer||20||20||10||Both Hindi & English|
|(GI) General Intelligence||20||20||20||Both Hindi & English|
|Current Affairs||20||20||10||Both Hindi & English|
Exam Pattern for the Profile of FCI Manager Paper 4 Phase II
|One essay in Hindi||30|
|One-paragraph translation from English to Hindi||30|
|One precis writing in English||30|
|One-paragraph translation from Hindi to English||30|
FCI Syllabus 2023 for Assistant Manager Post Grade III
The online exam for category 3 posts will be administered by FCI in two phases. The first exam will have 100 questions and 100 marks. You can review the full FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus 2023 below.
Phase I of the FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus
Applicants can view the syllabus for the FCI Assistant Grade 3 preliminary and main exams in the table below.
FCI Assistant Post Syllabus for Grade 3 Phase II
Phase II of the FCI Assistant Grade 3 Syllabus is divided into two papers, each of which has a specific number of the topics listed below.
|English Language||Computer Knowledge||Reasoning Ability||Numerical Aptitude|
Syllabus of (GA) General Awareness
- General Science (Up to 10th standard)
- Current Affairs
FCI Assistant Syllabus for Grade 3 Technical
Agriculture: – Elementary entomology, Statics of Indian Agriculture (Cereals & Pulses), Agricultural Economics, Plant Protection,
Zoology: – Organ System, Animal Cell & Tissue, Heredity & Variation, Micro Organism, Insects & Rodents, Animal Classification.
Botany: – Organ & Organ System, Cell Biology: Tissue, Genetics, Diversity, Plant Classification, Ecology, Basics of Biochemistry Life Process: Respiration, Photosynthesis, Movement, Circulation, etc,
Physics: – Basic Physics, Measurements, Electricity, Light
Chemistry: – Organic Chemistry: Chemical bonding, Basics of alkanes, alkynes, alkenes, Inorganic Chemistry, alcohols, aldehydes and acids, Chemistry in daily life
FCI Assistant Grade 3 Accounts Syllabus
Basic Accounting concept including preparation of books of accounts.
Taxation includes Good Tax, Services Tax, and Income Tax.
Auditing: –External & Internal audit of companies, Auditing methods & concepts.
Commercial Laws: – (Basic Knowledge), Basics of Company Act, Basics of Sales of Goods Act,
Basics of Contract Act, Negotiable Instrument Act,
Basic knowledge of Computers: Browsers, Operating Systems, Email, Memory (External, Internal, portable), Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), Chats, and Networks.
Exam Format for FCI Assistant Grade III
The Food Corporation of India holds a two-phase online examination for a variety of Assistant Grade III positions. The recommended exam formats are different for each phase.
- In all exams taken during Phases 1 and 2, there will be a 1/4th negative marking.
- The test is computer-based, and there will be objective-type questions.
- Below is a description of both phases in more detail:
Exam Pattern for Phase 1
- For all 5 positions under Assistant Grade III, the Phase 1 exam format stays the same.
- There will be total 100 questions, each one carry 1 mark.
- The Phase 1 online exam will have a total time limit of 60 minutes, with 15 minutes allotted to each section.
- Except for the language paper, the exam will be administered in both languages.
- When creating the cut-off list, the final marks earned in Phase 1 will not be taken into account.
|Section||No. of Scores||Number of Questions||Time|
|Reasoning Ability||25 marks||25||15 minutes|
|Numerical Aptitude||25 marks||25||15 minutes|
|English Language||25 marks||25||15 minutes|
|General Studies||25 marks||25||15 minutes|
Exam Pattern for Assistant Post Phase 2
- Candidates who passed Phase 1 of the online exam will be eligible to take Phase 2.
- Phase 2 can be broken down into Paper I and II, two separate papers.
- Paper I will be the same for all Assistant Posts Grade III, however, Paper II is used to gauge candidates’ subject-related expertise. Candidates who apply for positions with Hindi, Technical, and Accounts preferences must also attempt Paper II.
|Total Questions||Time||Maximum Scores|
|120 MCQs||1 hour 30 minutes||120 scores|
Exam pattern for paper II
- The questions on Paper II, which is also of the objective type, are more profile-specific.
- The marks earned in both Paper I and Paper II will be used to determine the final list of selected applicants for AG III: Accounts, AG III: Technical, and AG III: Hindi.
- Remember that Technical AG Paper II is separated into two different groups:
|Groups in Paper II||Name of the Subjects|
|Group A||Botany, Agriculture, Zoology|
|Group B||Physics, Agriculture, Chemistry|
At the time of application form submission, candidates must choose one of the groups. As a result, the questions in Paper II will be specifically related to the topics that have already been presented.
The following is a description of the Paper II exam format:
- Commerce-related queries, in particular, those relating to accounting and finance (Post Code E)
- Questions about Zoology, Botany, and Agriculture (Post Code F) (Group A), Questions about chemistry, physics, and agriculture (Group B)
- Hindi literature-related GK (4 Questions), (20 Questions) Words/ Sentences for Hindi to English Translation, and Sentences/words for translation of Hindi to English (20 Questions), Questions related to the the Official Language Policy, Official Language Act, and the Official Language Rules (4 Questions), Annual Report made by the Department of Official Language (4 Questions)
|Number of Questions||Time||Maximum Scores|
|60||1 hour||120 points. Each question of 2 points|
Admit Card for FCI Exam Recruitment 2023
The Food Corporation of India will shortly distribute the admission card for the tests to fill the 5156 open positions for stenographers, junior engineers, assistants in grade 3, and managers. On the day of the exam, you must have a hard copy of your FCI admit card to enter the admission hall. Aspirants don’t need to worry too much because the admission card download link and official notification will be issued to their registered email addresses and contact numbers.
Steps to Download the FCI Admission Ticket for Manager & Assistant Posts 2023
You can follow the instructions listed below to get the Admit card for FCI 2023.
- Go to www.fci.gov.in, the official FCI website.
- The open positions may be seen on the home page.
- The moment you click on the current recruitment, a new tab will open.
- Click on “To apply for Category II/III Recruitment 2023”.
- You’ll get a link to the 2023 FCI Admission card.
- Now enter your registration or roll number, birth date, and password.
- Type the captcha code exactly as it appears to prove that you are a human and not a robot.
- On your screen, your FCI Admit card 2023 will show.
- Save your admission card for later use.
FCI Recruitment 2023- Preparation Advice
Candidates can review a few of the study tips and tricks below to prepare for the FCI exam 2023.
- Solve the test problems from last year.
- Concentrate more on difficult subjects.
- Try to attempt at least 1 practice paper daily.
- Learn how to utilise the time properly.
- Read daily journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Create a study plan that covers the entire exam syllabus.
Details of Result of FCI Recruitment 2023
Soon, the FCI Recruitment Result 2023 will be available on the official website. Phase I, Phase II, and skill assessments will all be administered by the FCI. Every level of the selection process has results that are made public. The candidates must be aware of the procedures for examining the FCI Results 2023.
How to Check the 2023 FCI Result?
Candidates who do not meet the requirements can also review their exam results. The procedures to examine the FCI scorecard for various jobs are listed below.
- To access the zone and position you have applied for, click on the direct URL.
- A login page will be available.
- Press “Submit” after entering your login details.
- Your screen will flash with the scorecard.
- Download your result & take out a copy of this for your reference.
List of documents Required for the FCI Exam Day:
- Admit card/ Call letter
- Government-approved photo identification card: DL, PAN, Passport, Aadhar, Voter I.D., Student I.D., Bar Council I.D., Employee I.D., or Equivalent
- a copy of the ID document.
- a passport-sized photo
Note: – Candidates must carry all these documents handy while coming to the exam center.
FCI Recruitment 2023 – Cut-off
The Food Corporation of India will publish FCI Cut-Off Marks on its authorised website separately for each post and category. Cut-off scores are the minimum required to pass an exam. The Commission sets the cut-offs, which are based on several variables, including the number of openings, the number of candidates who appeared for the test, the degree of difficulty of the test, and the cut-offs from the previous year. The candidates will be chosen based on the final cut-offs and how well they performed in the interview round.
How to Get the FCI Answer Key 2023 in PDF?
The FCI Answer/solution Key for different profiles is available to all applicants by following the steps below.
- Open the “Current Recruitment” option on the FCI Official Website.
- Select the zone you have registered for under the “Category III Recruitment” option, which is located at the bottom of the page.
- After the post, a link to the FCI Solution Key will be provided.
- Be careful to object within the allowed time frame.
FAQs for FCI Recruitment of Manager & Assistant Posts 2023
What is the Phase I exam pattern for the FCI Assistant Grade III exam?
Four sections make up the FCI Assistant Grade III Exam Pattern: Numerical Ability, Reasoning, General Studies, and English Language. Phase I of the exam will consist of 100 questions in total.
Is the FCI recruitment exam regarded as challenging?
The FCI exam is considered as difficult since a candidate must prepare well to pass the recruitment exam.
Is there negative marking in online FCI exam?
Yes, each incorrect response results in a deduction of 1/4 of the total score. Negative marking is applicable for either Phase 1 or Phase 2 of the online exam.
When is the FCI Exam Recruitment 2023 Official advertisement made public?
Yes, the Grade 2 official announcement for FCI Recruitment 2023 has already made public on 24th August 2023
What are the selection criteria for FCI Assistant Profile for Grade 3 in 2023?
An online exam is part of the selection process for the FCI Assistant Profile for Grade 3 in 2023. (Phase 1 & Phase 2).
How many openings are announced for the FCI Category 3?
A total of 5043 openings were announced for FCI Category 3 posts.
How many points does paper 1 of the FCI Manager exam carry?
Paper 1 of the FCI Manager exam consists of 100-point questions.
What login information is needed to download the scorecard?
The login credentials—the registration id and password—must be entered in order to retrieve the final result.
When will the cut-off for FCI Assistant Grade 3 be published by the authority?
After the successful completion of the exam and release of the result, the cut-off for FCI Assistant Grade 3 post-2023 will be made public.
Is getting a minimum cut-off mark for the FCI Assistant Grade 3 compulsory?
Yes, the term “cut off” refers to the minimum score required for a candidate to advance to the next step of the hiring process.
For further details about the FCI recruitment of Manager & Assistant posts, keep visiting here at Formal Monkey. We regularly update our website with relevant links and the most recent information regarding government employment.
We have covered each important aspect of FCI Recruitment 2023. Visit Formal Monkey to get the active link for the to admit card, result, and cut-off of the FCI Recruitment 2023. We will publish the links here as soon as they will be published by the authority. Also, get detailed information about the latest central & state government jobs. On our website, you can also access papers from prior years. Stay connected!