TMC 2023: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The goal of the Tata Memorial Centre (TMC), a Comprehensive Cancer Centre, is to provide exceptional treatment to patients, conduct groundbreaking research in the field of oncology, and train the next generation of oncology professionals. The Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India provides funding and oversight for TMC, however TMC operates independently. In this case, TMC’s ties to the Homi Bhabha National Institute are particularly noteworthy (HBNI). The Health and Biomedical Sciences Research Institute (HBNI) is a Deemed University under the Department of Atomic Energy, and it aims to provide innovative, cutting-edge graduate-level courses in the fields of health and biomedical sciences. Those who are interested in working with TMC and are Indian nationals are encouraged to apply.
Tata Memorial Centre(TMC) has different selection procedures for different posts. Depending on the post, TMC conducts a written test and skill test.
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
Written Test:Examination for the position of Lower Division Clerk (LDC) will be a written test consisting of both descriptive and multiple-choice questions and will be worth a total of 100 points (MCQ). If you fall into the Open or EWS group, you’ll need 50 points to pass; those in the SC, ST, OBC, or PWD categories will need 40 points to do so.
Skill Test:Candidates who succeed in the Written Exam will be chosen for the Skill Test. It’s important to note that only the qualified candidates will be called for the Skill Test. The proficiency exam will be worth 50 points. All subgroups must get a score of 25 to pass. The sole purpose of the skill test is to determine eligibility.
Attendant & Trade Helper
Written Exam: There will be 100 multiple-choice questions in the written test (MCQ).For those in the Open/EWS category, you need 50 points to pass; those in the SC/ST/OBC/PWD category, you need 40 points to pass.
Skill Test: Those who qualify the written test will be provided with the opportunity to appear in the Skill Test. Only the most qualified applicants, as determined by the ratio of posts, will be asked to take the skill test. A total of 50 points will be awarded for the skills test. The cutoff for each category will be 25 points. The purpose of the skill test is only for qualification.
Written Examination: The written portion of the exam will consist of both multiple-choice and descriptive questions and will be worth a total of 100 points (MCQ). If you fall into the Open or EWS group, you’ll need 50 points to pass; those in the SC, ST, OBC, or PWD categories will need 40 points to do so.
Skill Test: Those applicants who have successfully qualified the test will be considered for the Skill Test. The Skill Test will only be allowed to the most qualified candidates. The proficiency exam will be worth 50 points. All subgroups must get a score of 25 to pass. The skill test will solely be for qualification purposes.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern for TMC Recruitment 2023
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- The written test will be taken in the English language only.
- Written Test (100 Marks): The duration will be 3 Hours.
- The test consists of 50 multiple-choice questions. All of them are worth one mark. There will be no Negative Marking.
- General English: All applicants will be required to demonstrate their proficiency in English language.
- Arithmetic: This component will cover questions on, decimals, fractions, HCF, Percentage, Average, Discount, Simple & Compound interest, Simplification, LCM, Ratio & Proportion Mensuration, Time & Work etc.
- General Knowledge / Current Affairs: This part will consist of questions on the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to the society, global awareness,economic scene,history,culture,knowledge of current events, geography, sports, science, political affairs national as well as international.
- Logical Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Knowledge of Tata Memorial Centre
- PART B (50 Marks): Descriptive: Essay and Letter writing, Grammar, Comprehension,
- Skill Test: There will be a 50-marks skill test, with 25 being required for passing.
Attendant and Trade Helper
- Written Test(100 Marks): The duration of the exam will be 1 hour.
- There will be 50 multiple-choice questions for 2 marks each.
- There will be no negative marking in the test.
- Basic English: The ability to comprehend and use English correctly.
- Basic Mathematics: Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction, Division, Percentage, Average etc.
- General Knowledge / Current Affairs: This section will consist of questions testing the candidate’s broad understanding of the world around him and its applicability to the society, global awareness, history, culture, sports, economic scene, knowledge of current events, geography, science, political affairs national as well as international.
- Skill Test for Attendant:The exam will be worth 50 marks, with a minimum score of 25 to pass.The Skill Test shall comprise of Record Keeping, Filing, operating photocopy machine, Office work, Dispatch Work, Cleaning and Dusting etc.
- Skill Test for Trade Helper: The exam will be worth a total of 50 marks, with a score of 25 representing passing. The Skill Test shall comprise of work related to maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of equipment in Laboratory / Diagnostics Services / ICU / Engineering / Operation Theatre / Office areas etc.
- English is the only language in which the test will be conducted.
- There will be questions with multiple choices, each worth 2 marks, and a total of 50 questions will be asked.
- No Negative Marking will be done in the test.
- Written Exam(100 Marks): The time allowed for the test will be 1 hour.
- Nurse `A’: General Nursing, General Knowledge, English, Nursing Mathematics, Oncology.
- Nurse ‘B’: General Nursing, Nursing Mathematics, Oncology, General Knowledge, English, Psychology & Nursing communication skills.
- Nurse `C’: General Nursing, English,General Knowledge, Nursing Management, Oncology, Psychology & Nursing communication skills, Nursing Mathematics, Disaster preparedness / Management in Hospital.
- Skill Test: It will have a total of 50 marks, with a pass requirement of 25. The Skill Test shall comprise Knowledge of drugs, Situational critical thinking, Nursing Procedure, Identification of Article / Equipment / Machine.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
When is the deadline for submitting an application for TMC Recruitment 2023?
The deadline to submit an application is January 10, 2023 at 5:30 p.m., for those applying online (Indian Standard Time).
What is the examination fee for TMC Examination 2023?
For UR, OBC and EWS, the examination fee is rupees 300/-. For SC, ST, PH and females, the examination is free.
In regard to the TMC Recruitment 2023, how many open positions are there currently?
The Tata Memorial Centre is seeking to fill a total of 405 vacancies for 2023 recruitment.