Syllabus and Exam Pattern for AFCAT Exam 2023
Before taking the AFCAT, candidates who are currently studying for the test are required to confirm that they have checked every piece of information pertaining to the exam format (Air Force Common Admission Test). The AFCAT 2023 examination blueprint specifies that applicants must first appear for the written test.This is then followed by the ASFB interview and the medical exam.
A distinct Engineering Knowledge Exam (EKT) will be included in the written test portion of AFCAT 2023, and it will be tailored specifically for applicants who will be applying for technical roles in AFCAT 2023. Aspirants may obtain a better understanding of the overall number of marks on the test, the marks assigned to each part, and the negative marking system by looking at the exam pattern for AFCAT 2023. Applicants who are getting ready to take the AFCAT may look at the test format that is offered on this website.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2023: General Information
|Exam||AFCAT 2023 Exam Pattern||EKT (only for technical)|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online|
|No. of Questions||100||50|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)||45 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
AFCAT 2023: Exam Pattern
According to the official notice, the pattern of the AFCAT 1 2023 test will be the same as it was the year before. The two exams have the same paper pattern in terms of the format of the examination, the kinds of questions asked, and the marking system.
AFCAT Written Exam Pattern 2023
- The AFCAT 2023 is a computer-based exam that will be given in English over the course of two separate sessions.
- It will consist of one hundred objective questions that must be answered within a time limit of one hundred and twenty minutes.
- In the AFCAT 2023, the highest possible score an applicant may get is 300 points.
|Section||Total No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
EKT Exam Pattern
|Particulars||EKT Exam Pattern (Only for Technical)|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. computer-based|
|No. of Questions||50 Questions|
|Maximum Marks||150 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||45 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark|
- The Engineering Knowledge Test, often known as the EKT, is designed to evaluate the level of engineering expertise possessed by an applicant.
- Candidates interested in joining the Technical Ground Duty department are required to demonstrate their competence by passing the exam.
- The EKT 2023 is an online examination that will be given in English over the course of two shifts.
AFCAT Marking Scheme
There have been no modifications made to the criteria that will be used to assign points for the AFCAT 2023 test. Here’s how the grading system works:
- Each right answer is worth three points.
- One point will be deducted for every wrong response.
AFCAT Exam Pattern: Interview
All of the applicants who are successful on the AFCAT/EKT 2023 will get a letter inviting them to participate in the Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) Testing, which will be the second and final step of the selection process. There will be two parts to the AFSB examination.
Candidates who are successful in the Online Test will be required to show up for the Stage 1 AFSB Interview at one of the AFSB Centres in Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, or Mysuru. Writing test qualifiers must schedule their AFSB interview by selecting their preferred exam date and location on the AFSB website (afcat.cdac.in) before they may generate a call letter for the interview. Candidates will thereafter be able to show up in person for their AFSB interview.
AFSB Testing Stage 1:
- The first day of the exam will consist of a Picture Perception test, an Officer Intelligence Rating test, and a discussion test.
- The purpose of this test is to assess preliminary eligibility.
- All qualified candidates will be subjected to a document check for the purposes of verification.
- On the very first day, candidates who either do not qualify at this level or who do not fulfil the necessary eligibility requirements will be sent back.
AFSB Testing Stage 2:
On day one (in the afternoon), the psychological exam will be given, and during the subsequent five days, once the documents have been checked, there will be group tests and interviews.
Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) Test
Those who have applied for the Flying Branch are the only ones who have to take this test.
Section-Wise AFCAT Syllabus
If you want to do well on any exam, it will do you well to have a comprehensive understanding of the material that will be tested. It is important to be familiar with the topic-by-topic syllabus in order to have an understanding of the weightage of a given subject while reviewing question papers from prior years.
The following is an outline of the many subjects included on the AFCAT, including English, General Awareness, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning, as well as the Military Aptitude Test:
AFCAT Syllabus – English
This portion of the curriculum will be tested with a total of 30 questions during the AFCAT. In order to do well in English, it is necessary to be familiar with all of the themes. The following is a list of the subject matter that will be covered in the English portion of the AFCAT written exam.
Sentence Completion/Filling in of correct word
Idioms and Phrases
Fill in the gaps in a paragraph
One word substitution
AFCAT Syllabus – Numerical Ability
Practice is required for all of the questions in Numerical Ability, and having knowledge of the syllabus in the form of a subject may be of great assistance in answering those problems. In contrast to the previous parts, the degree of difficulty for this portion will be equivalent to that of the matriculation level, rather than the graduation level.
- Time and Work
- Decimal Fraction
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)
- Area and Perimeter
- Number System & Number Series
- Mixture & Alligation
AFCAT Syllabus – General Awareness
Even though the material covered on the General Awareness syllabus is extensive, having just the proper amount of familiarity with it may be of great assistance while getting ready. The degree of difficulty for the general knowledge questions will be equivalent to that of the graduate level. Candidates are required to have a general understanding of the material presented here.
- Current Affairs
- Art & Culture
- Environment & Ecology
- Basic Science
- Science & Technology
- National & International organisations
- Sports, etc.
AFCAT Syllabus – Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
A candidate may get high scores in Reasoning and Military Aptitude if they put in the effort to think logically and put in the necessary amount of practice. Examine the following subjects, which are listed down below, for the Reasoning and Military Aptitude tests:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non Verbal Reasoning
AFCAT Syllabus 2023: Engineering Knowledge Test
To apply for a technical post, you must take this test.In this part of the exam, you will be asked questions that are particular to your chosen major, such as Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, etc. The fundamental technical topics covered by the aforementioned specialisations will provide the basis for the questions in this part.There will be fifty questions altogether in this section.The article provides a course outline for some broad engineering subjects to be covered.
AFCAT Detailed Engineering Subjects
The curriculum for the Engineering Knowledge Test that will be given as part of AFCAT 2023 will include fundamentally significant courses from each of the involved streams. It is of the utmost importance for a candidate to not only comprehend but also compile a list of all of the subjects that are included in the stream in which they are interested.
A candidate for the AFCAT 2023 exam might use this information to assist them build a plan for the test. Take a look at the AFCAT curriculum broken down by stream below:
|Computer Science Engineering||Electronics Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
Things To Keep In Mind
- scheduled date of the test.
- All applicants who were successful in submitting their online application will be able to access their electronic admit card via the website www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in, in addition to having their electronic admit card sent to the registered email addresses. There will be no mail delivery of admit cards.
- A candidate has to know both his or her Username and Password in order to download his or her e-Admit Card. The applicant is the only one who will be responsible for downloading his or her own electronic admit card.
- The applicants’ preferred courses, as well as their ages and levels of education, will be taken into consideration when deciding which classes to enrol them in, as well as whether or not they are eligible for the program. Candidates need to be aware that their participation in the test will be evaluated only on the basis of the information that they provide in the Application Form. This admission decision will be strictly provisional.
- If, throughout the course of the verification process, the International Air Force discovers that the candidate has provided information that is inaccurate or that is untrue, the applicant’s candidacy will be regarded as having been terminated.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the personal information that appears on the front side of the electronic admit card corresponds with the information that was submitted by them throughout the process of registering for the exam. They are also strongly encouraged to read the instructions that are provided on the back of the e-Admit card prior to the event.
- The decision made by the IAF on the approval of a candidate’s application will be final. This decision will be based on the information that has been provided.
- The question paper will only be accessible to candidates while they are participating in the online assessment.
- There will not be any consideration given to requests from candidates for copies of the question paper.
- After a period of six months has passed from the date of the test, AFCAT-related questions will no longer be answered.
- Candidates will be barred from leaving the examination room until the test has been completely administered.
AFCAT 2023: Preparation Tips
Candidates who are interested in taking the AFCAT must prepare themselves in such a manner that they are able to prevail in the cutthroat competition and successfully qualify for the test. Candidates may check out some helpful preparation recommendations for the AFCAT 2023 by looking at the following points.
- Candidates are required to familiarise themselves with the examination format and subject matter outlined in the official AFCAT announcement.
- Download the AFCAT question papers from past years in order to effectively prepare for the test.
- While they are studying for the general knowledge portion, they may educate themselves on current events by reading the ebooks that are issued on a monthly basis.
- Regularly taking mock exams is an effective way to improve one’s speed, accuracy, and ability to manage their time.
- If you want to get an idea of how challenging the AFCAT test is, look at how the cutoff scores have changed over the previous several years.
- Self-examination is required of aspirants so that they may become aware of both their strong and weak points.
- Candidates need to have a solid understanding of the various types of military hardware used by the Indian Armed Forces, since questions about this topic are likely to come up during the interview process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the format of the AFCAT 2023?
All four portions (Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Reasoning and Numerical Ability, and Military Aptitude Test) will have questions asked only in English. The AFCAT is a two-hour long exam. The exam will be worth 300 points, and the question paper will have 100 questions.
- What is a decent AFCAT score?
A passing score on the AFCAT test ranges from 140 to 190 points out of a possible 300. A score like this is regarded to be rather satisfactory.
- Does AFCAT take height into account?
For both Men and Women (Ground Duty Division): Males need to be at least 157.5 centimetres tall. Women must be at least 152 centimetres tall.
- How many rounds does the AFCAT test consist of?
It takes 4 steps, including a written test, an interview with the AFSB, a medical exam, and finally a final choice, to pick AFCAT applicants. Those who do well on the AFCAT 2023 Exam will be invited to an interview.
- What is the ideal degree for the AFCAT?
Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology (four-year programme) from an accredited institution with a minimum of 60% or equivalent. Aerospace, electrical, mechanical, computer, and information engineering are all subfields of engineering.
That’s all that there is to know about Syllabus and Exam pattern of AFCAT 2023. We hope that the above information will help you a lot to prepare for AFCAT 2023. If you want to know about the general information about AFCAT 2023, click here. If any of your friends want to know about different government exams and vacancies in any state of India, do share this page with them. After all, sharing is caring.
We wish you all the best for your preparation and hope that you will do very well in the exam.